No Risk Offer!
I’ll preview and do a free basic revision of the first 75 words.
Goal: Improve flow, structure, and logic while maintaining author’s voice, tone, and intent.
- Full document review.
- Track Changes or Clean Copy versions available upon request.
- May include deleting, adjusting, expanding, or re-ordering text.
- May include bullet points or notes for original author to add to or adapt text.
- May include recommendations for copywriting as another project.
- Includes basic proofreading.
Communicating Specialized Content – Revisions to Engage General Audiences
Goal: Transform complicated content into clear and engaging text that engages the average reader without over-simplifying or fostering misconceptions.
- Includes the elements of ‘Substantive Revising’ (see above).
- Identify and ‘translate’ specialized jargon or phrasing for general audiences.
- ‘Repackage’ content from journal articles or other professional publications for use in reports, one-pagers, executive summaries, social media posts, headlines, blurbs, or other prose useful for general public engagement and understanding.
- Related: Hands-on or interactive learning activities available for an additional fee.
Goal: Eliminate basic errors that may impede understanding of the author’s final draft.
- Correct basic grammar, punctuation, and word usage errors including verb tense, abbreviations, spelling, and capitalization.
- Indicate simple confusions, redundancies, or content gaps.
- Recommend new writing (from author or as a new project)
Goal: Address the strengths, issues, quirks, impact, or uses of a published work or draft.
- Discuss the document’s themes, general readability, and potential impacts.
- Suggest general revisions or improvements to works-in-progress. Or advise a new Substantive Revising project.
- Includes proofreading.
Goal: Provide original copy per mutually agreeable topic, tone, format, medium, audience, schedule, and word count.
- Write-for-hire; copyright conveys to the client.
- May include graphic/image recommendations. Does not include graphic design.
- Varied formats including picture books, learning materials, white papers, blog posts, and newsletters.
- Research skills and publication experience apply to a wide variety of topics.
- Particular expertise in:
- teaching resources
- K-12 protocols and content standards
- Varied learning styles & strengths
- Formal & informal settings
- Cross-curricular integration
- Critical thinking
- ‘Kidlit’ – fiction or nonfiction for children
- Science communication for public engagement
- Fitness, distance running, & nutrition
- Health, managing rare conditions, & patient self-advocacy
- RfPs & structuring in-house grant workflows
- Completing applications and proposals
Let me help you get it ‘write!’ Email Katie:
- Based on word count and readiness of the initial draft. Rush jobs extra.
- Hourly or per-job rates determined by mutually agreed upon priorities.